On December 21, the Armenia-Iran business forum was held in Yerevan. The conference was attended by about 170 Iranian and Armenian businessmen.
The Forum was organized in the framework of the official visit of the President of the IRI to Armenia and is aimed at the deepening of the Armenian-Iranian trade and economic relations.
The First Deputy Minister of Economic Development and Investments Garegin Melkonyan made an opening speech in the forum.
During the Armenia-Iran business forum 5 memorandums were signed between;
• "Electric Energy System Operator" CJSC, Advisor to the Minister of Energy of the Islamic Republic of Iran and "Computation Centre" CJSC,
• National Center of Oncology named after Fanarjian and Muhammad Hojab Panah,
• "Union of factories and export" of Iranian Gilan Province and "Republican Union of Employers of Armenia"
• Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Agriculture of Iranian Gilan Province and Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Yerevan
• Iranian Gilan Province and Ararat Regional Administration
During the conference, B2B meetings were held between the Armenian and Iranian businessmen.
Serzh Sargsyan and Hassan Rouhani attended the Armenia-Iran business forum and made speeches.
In his speech President Serzh Sargsyan said,- "Forums and exhibitions such as this one, and among them I would like to mention the Armenia Expo 2016 exhibition, which took place last October in Iran, have become an important platform which bring together representatives of the state and business sectors of our countries and provide them with the opportunity to discuss the existing problems, to develop practical mechanisms for the expansion of the economic cooperation between our countries, and allow to pre-set new areas for cooperation.
The Minister of Economic Development and Investments of RA Suren Karayan summarized the activities of the conference.