International Economic Cooperation of the Republic of Armenia implemented on the liberal basis. Productive integration of the Republic of Armenia in global economy, increase of domestic goods export volume, creation of appropriate legal framework and favorable environment for international economic cooperation, investment attraction, and foreign trade efficiency raising infrastructure development are the main priorities of the international economic cooperation policy.
The implementation of balanced policy in the field of international economic cooperation is due to the selected priorities within the framework of bilateral and multilateral cooperation development and the establishment and development of the new advantageous directions in foreign economic relations of the Republic of Armenia.
In the above mentioned directions targeted and consistent work are being implemented, which in particular includes:
• Signing of bilateral and multilateral international agreements in trade and economic fields on behalf of the Republic of Armenia;
• Organization of Trade and Economic Cooperation Intergovernmental Commission’s activities, coordinated by the Ministry of Economy, as well as the fulfillment of the agreements reached during the joint meetings:
♦ Armenian- Belarusian intergovernmental commission
♦ Armenian-Ukrainian intergovernmental commission
♦ Armenian-Latvian intergovernmental commission
♦ Armenian-Chinese intergovernmental commission
♦ Armenian-Polish intergovernmental commission
♦ Armenian-Lithuanian intergovernmental commission
♦ Armenian-Czech intergovernmental commission
• Activities related to trade representations (representatives) of the Republic of Armenia to EU and Russian Federation;
• Coordination of economic cooperation with international organizations;
• Advisory and organizational assistance to participants representing Armenian products during the national and international trade fairs and business conferences.
International Economic Cooperation Department of the RA Ministry of Economy is responsible for the international economic cooperation related activities. Tel: (+374 11) 59-71-70.